As a new parent you are always asking people what do I REALLY need for this baby. I have made a top ten list (and one extra because I couldn’t live without it) These have really helped me , i dont know what i would have done without these. Below I will explain why I chose these items and I hope that these help you out as well.
1.Sakura bloom and Tula baby carriers: I own both of these brands. These allow you to be HANDS FREE which is a life saver when dealing with a newborn all the way up to a toddler. Baby teething? grab the carrier. Baby clingy? grab the carrier. Going to a place where having a stroller would be a pain? grab the carrier. I have used these two items the most since having my son. I’ve used them everywhere, the beach, store,movie theater(yes we’ve seen a movie with our baby he did very well in his carrier),museums, amusement parks you name it I’ve probably carried him. Sakura bloom weight limit is up to 35lbs and Tula weight limit is up to 45lbs so I will have these until my son is a toddler. Price for Tula are $149 for standard and $169 for toddler(once child can fit into 2T clothes that is the recommended time to switch to a toddler Tula) Sakura bloom prices go from $88-$160 for linen and $180-$200+ for silk. The prices are on the high end of the baby carrier market but you want to invest in a GREAT carrier. It’s important to make sure that it’s ergonomically correct so you don’t change baby developing hip dysplasia. You also want to make sure that its comfortable for both you and baby( I have carried my son in both for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours) These are both also great to breastfeed in when you are on the go.
2. My Breast Friend: Once you get past the name this is an AMAZING product. This has support for your back when you are breastfeeding, it clips around you so you don’t have to worry about it falling off of you, or moving out of the perfect spot. There is a pocket on the front that is quite large to keep some necessities when you are nursing. I had to feed baby in football position for the first few months and using this pillow was a lifesaver. I traveled with it everywhere. They even make one for twins! 🙂
3. Nose Frida: Now before I had a kid (even right after i had one) I would tell everyone I would NEVER use this product. My tune changed when I had a congested baby thanks to teething. The nose sucker ball(that everyone uses) was just NOT doing it’s job(also have you seen one of those cut open? DISGUSTING) I remembered I had a nose frida and used it. BIG DIFFERENCE, my baby could breathe and it was easy to use. There is a filter so you don’t have to worry about anything and this is very easy to clean so you can use it again.
4. Lansinoh gel nursing pads and nipple cream: EVERYONE SHOULD GET THESE! even if you are not thinking about nursing get the ge; pads. when your milk comes in, that is PAINFUL and these gel pads can be frozen or put in the microwave for hot or cold compress. If you are going to nurse, nipple cream is a must. You can purchase both of these at your local target.
5. Ju Ju Be B.F.F: This is the diaper bag of ALL diaper bags. I can’t say anything bad about this. I went through three bags before settling on this one. it opens in the front so you don’t have to dig through your bag. The inside of the bag is colored so it’s not a black hole, you can see where everything is. There is a “mommy pocket” in the front so you can keep all your essentials. They have very cute prints as well. This bag can me worn with a messenger strap or as a backpack. perfect for the mom on the go. This is also roomy, I cloth diaper and I have more than enough room. you can check out YouTube for packing videos as well to see how roomy they are.
6. Safety 1st Onboard air 35: Car seats are something every new parent does research on. We decided not to get the convertible seat right away(a lot of them accommodate newborns 6lb and up all the way to booster) I wanted to be able to have the ability to take my son out of the car still in his car seat if her fell asleep. We purchased this car seat and it’s great. It can fit a infant from 4-35lbs and up to 32″ (One of the best I have found for an infant seat) Even though its larger than most infant seats it can still fit in a small car, I own a Nissan Cube and it fit fine. The car seat is very comfortable(Air Protect™, Side Impact Protection, Advanced air cushion system) and my son has never been unhappy in his seat. He is always asleep as soon as the car takes off.
7. Sophie the Giraffe: This is great for little hands, baby has so many options to chew on. Her face is great for when front teeth are coming in and the legs are great to get to the back ones. Sophie has been around for years(since 1961) it’s made of 100% natural rubber and food paint which can fade. This is my sons number one choice in teethers. Believe me when I say that I have bought NUMEROUS ones, I didn’t believe in the hype of a $20 teethers. Well now I do! my son and I are much happier with Sophie in the diaper bag.
8. Coconut Oil : This is a STAPLE. great for diaper rash, cuts,nipple cream, lotion, hair, cooking. you can’t go wrong with coconut oil.
9. Foam Matt play area: I have tile in our apartment so this is a lifesaver for my nerves(well that was up until he could crawl) but even if you have carpet it’s nice to designate a area for baby to play. This particular mat pictured is 36 large pieces. I purchased from toys r us on sale for $14.99 (original price $29.99)
10. Shea Moisture Baby Head to Toe wash and Lotion: This brand is all natural and one of my favorites for myself. Their baby line is calming and my son loves this during bath time as well. You can purchase this at Target. A little goes a long way, I still have over half of the lotion left and JUST bought a new head to toe wash in 9 months.
11. Fisher-Price Kick ‘n Play Piano Gym: This toy goes from 0-18 months. it was great to use when my son was not mobile and he loved to kick the piano and play with the toys. Now that he is mobile and can sit on his own he still loves to play the piano, you can flip the piano up so that your child can play with it while sitting. you can also detach the piano and it can be taken with you when toddlers want to play on the go 🙂